Monday, August 10, 2009

Moon Over Buffalo, Dolphin Swim

As I told you, we went to see Moon Over Buffalo on Saturday afternoon. We found the first part somewhat slow but the second part bucked up considerably and was pretty funny. However, bearing in mind it was written in 1953, it was a bit dated. I was surprised to discover from my friends that the lead actress was Cindy Williams who played Shirley in Laverne and Shirley some years ago. Didn't mean a lot to me as I didn't watch the TV show although I may have seen a couple of episodes. It really was true farce, they had five doors to slam and they made the most of it. The timing, which is so important in comedy, was very well done. One thing which spoilt it for me a little, the guy in the seat next to me was quite large and also a fidget. Then in the interval he was hugging and then massaging his partner's back in a very vigorous manner which was driving me nuts. I'm hoping to persuade my friends to do a couple more shows with me, Brigadoon and Robin Hood. I was looking at a friend's pictures of her vacation in Mexico and feeling green with envy - they went swimming with dolphins and did a dolphin two foot push, the two dolphins push each foot of a swimmer in perfect unison. Matt was particularly jealous, he would love to swim with dolphins. Now I see our PM, Stephen Harper, is off to Mexico for a summit, I bet he takes time off to do a bit of tourism whilst he is there. Here is a video of a two foot push.

I actually have two friends who have done this now, I think I will have to persuade Matt we should go to Mexico. He is reluctant because there have been so many murders of tourists in that area. When I got home from the theatre, Matt had supper ready to cook and below is the recipe he served. It was excellent and we had leftovers for Sunday evening. I shouldn't say leftovers, the French call them réchauffés, a much nicer word although strictly speaking it means re-heating. Pineapple Ginger Pork Tenderloin The Low Fat Way to Cook 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloins 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice 1 Tbs peeled, minced, gingerroot 2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tsp dry mustard Vegetable cooking spray 12 slices fresh pineapple (1/2 inch thick) Fresh parsley sprigs, optional Trim fat from tenderloins. Place tenderloins in a zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Combine pineapple juice and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Pour over tenderlois; seal bag and shake until meat is well coated. Marinate in the fridge for 8 hours, turning occasionally. Removed the pork from marinade, reserve marinade. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of tenderloin, if desired. Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray; place meat on grill over medium coals. Cok meat for 35 - 45 minutes or until thermometer reaches 160° turning and basting occasionally with marinade. Transfer tenderloins to a serving platter; let stand 10 minutes. Place pineapple slices on grill rack; cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned. Slice tenderloin diagonally across grain into thin slices. Arrange pineapple on platter with tenderloin. Garnish with parsley springs if desired. Yield, 6 servings. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Yes we enjoyed it. Although on the second day we ate the meat cold but the pineapple warm, we decided it would have been better to heat the meat.

    ReplyDelete