Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Morning, Useless Weight Tips, Ice Bergs

Ugh, its nearly 6:30 a.m. and I am ready to go out and get my blood work done which I do every three months or so to check on my diabetes A1C. I now have to go and stand outside the clinic in the cold, it is -15°C, to  be one of the first in line to go into the place when it opens. I am not good at standing at the best of times, and having to stand outside in the cold is NOT my idea of fun.

Something I get really teed off about is all the tips one gets on weight loss. One that springs to mind is cut out sugar and use a substitute and you will lose 10 lbs a year, I don’t take sugar. There are dozens of tips like this on TV and the internet every one of which I already do or don’t do and yet I don’t lose weight. It is really annoying.

Did you hear about the 30 million tons of ice which broke off the Tasman glacier as a result of the earthquake in New Zealand, can you imagine that, 30 million tons. It fell into a lake causing 3.5 meter waves to spread back and forth for a while, glad I wasn’t on the lake.

The Oscars are on Sunday so now I am getting recipes which are designed to be served on that festive occasion. This one appealed although of course I personally would prefer fresh shrimp which I cooked myself and then chilled.

Habit Forming Shrimp Dip

By TeresaS on January 17, 2006

Food.com

Shrimp Dip

Photo by Andi of Longmeadow Farm

 Servings: 12

About This Recipe

"This is always a request during the hoilday season. Those who are allergic to shirmp need to stay away!!! There was a girl at the office who ate lots of this and blew up like a balloon. She thought she had a small allergy to shrimp. Spent the next day in the hospital. But!! still it is always in high demand."

Ingredients

1 (10 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup

16 ounces cream cheese

4 ounces cream cheese ( lowfat works too)

1 (20 ounce) packages frozen baby shrimp

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

  1. Mix softened cream cheese with soup.
  2. Pat excess water from thawed shrimp.
  3. Chop into small pieces.
  4. Add to cheese mixture, blend in garlic salt.
  5. Serve with veggies or crackers.

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I would have thought that those stars who will be at the Oscars never eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't look as though they do, although on Oscar night there is plenty for them to nibble on. I have never wanted to go to the Oscars but I would love to go to some of the banquets after, food sounds fantatic.

    ReplyDelete