Monday, July 11, 2011

Gaffe, System Restore, Bowling

A major gaffe on CBC’s home page on Saturday, they referred to Prince William and Catherine as the Duke Royalsand Duchess of Windsor. Bearing in mind all the news which is beginning to be disseminated about the Windsor’s (the traitor king) I would think that would be something of an insult to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I tried phoning and then emailed – will see what transpires. By the middle of the day, they had changed it. I wonder if they were deluged with emails.

Because I am still having to keep my leg up due to edema problems since my surgery, I have been keeping my laptop in the living room where I sit andHomegroup if necessary requesting printing through my Homegroup connections. Saturday morning I tried to print a crossword (I print one for Matt daily) and my computers were no longer conversing to one another. Matt said they must have had a row!!! I requested help from my repair guy and finally on Sunday I did a System Restore – lo and behold, they are now chatting together again. Basically it was due to all the updates recently installed by Microsoft. I particularly mentioned this as some friends were recently unaware of System Restore which can be a pretty useful tool although I didn’t think of it myself. I have wondered, a couple of times, how far away my PCs have to be before the Homegroup no longer works.

Today is our last bowling for the summer league, next week its our banquet and a couple of fun games 5-pinlike bingo i.e. we have to bowl the numbers on a chart which is given to us. Then we have a break until September when the winter league starts again. I am not quite sure which date we start again, but we always miss a couple of weeks because we are away on vacation. In fact with our rental being Sunday to Sunday we actually miss 3 weeks as we don’t get home til Monday night.

Tomorrow we lose the car for about 4 days as it has to go in for a very expensive repair on the transmission. We have no 4th gear apparently. We grocery shopped on Sunday and hope we have everything we want until we are mobile again.

Much to my surprised I discovered a recipe in my inbox which is almost exactly what Matt has been making for years, and which he invented.

Pomodori Al Forno

By Dana Treat
WebMD Recipe from Foodily.com

Picture of Pomodori Al FornoThe beauty of this recipe is that, although the tomatoes take a while in the oven, it requires very little hands-on time. Their flavor gets more and more concentrated and more and more delicious while you are free to go about your day. I was a little close on time toward the end, so I just left them in a turned off oven and they turned out beautifully.

From Bon Appetit Magazine

Ingredients

1 cup (or more) olive oil, divided
2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. minced fresh Italian parsley

Instructions

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pour 1/2 cup oil into 13×9x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Arrange tomatoes in dish, cut side up. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup oil. Sprinkle with oregano, sugar, and salt. Bake 1 hour. Using tongs, turn tomatoes over. Bake 1 hour longer. Turn tomatoes over once again. Bake until deep red and very tender transferring tomatoes to plate when soft (time will vary, depending on ripeness of tomatoes, about 15-45 minutes longer.

Layer tomatoes in medium bowl, sprinkling with garlic and parsley over each layer; reserve oil in baking dish. Drizzle tomatoes with reserved oil, adding more if necessary to cover. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Do Ahead: Cover; chill up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.

Total Servings: 6

Nutritional Information Per Serving

Calories: 357
Carbohydrates: 8.7g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Fat: 36.3g
Saturated Fat: 5.0g
Fiber: 1.8g
Sodium: 215mg
Protein: 1.9g

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment