Saturday, August 20, 2011

Funnies, Dinner.

SignA friend on Facebook posted a link to these amended signs which I think are funny and so I thought I would share them with you. Some people have a wonderful sense of humour and the Mail Online has collected a bunch of these signs. It brings to mind the time I was teaching in the Borstal in England (a Borstal was a young person’s prison) and I went to the ladies loo one day – the doors were the type which didn’t reach the floor. Someone had scratched on one “beware of limbo dancers”. I thought it was very funny.

We had friends over for dinner last night and served them IndianCarrot Cake Spiced Cold Tomato Soup, I posted the recipe on July 25, followed by Pork Tenderloin “Rosa di Parma”, recipe on April 6. For dessert I bought a carrot cake from M & M Meats. I guess I should learn how to make carrot cakes, only trouble being, as usual, most of it would end up on my hips. Matt enjoys it, but not like I do. I should mention we served flat beans and baked potatoes with the pork. Something Europeans may not be aware of, North Americans tend to eat crackers with their soups, but what they do is crumble lots of crackers into the soup so, in effect, they end up with cracker soup. I think this is a bit of an insult to the chef. Of course I don’t serve crackers anyway so they don’t get a chance. Best I ever do is crusty bread.

I thought this was a fun dessert particularly in barbecue season. Something the kids could make.

Grilled Banana SplitKK_09_0320_shot_07_v3-032.tif

Directions

Cut a small piece off the curved side of 4 unpeeled bananas so they'll sit level, then make a deep slit down the center of each through the peel; place on separate sheets of foil. Open the slits and brush the inside of each banana with melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar and 1 ounce chopped semisweet chocolate; fold up the foil. Grill the packets over high heat until the chocolate melts, 6 to 8 minutes (don't worry if the peel turns brown). Open the peels and top the bananas with ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.

Photograph by Kang Kim

Have a great weekend

Jo_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment