Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gun Safe Surprise, Horseradish, Books

Uruguay MarijuanaWell, how about that, a man in Ohio ordered a gun safe online and when he got it, much to his surprise, it contained 127 kilograms of marijuana worth about $420,000. The safe was made in Nogales, Mexico and was shipped with a whole bunch of them but this was the only one with marijuana inside. The truck driver has gone missing! I wonder why? This happened in June but police kept it quiet whilst pursuing their enquiries.

Prince William was interviewed about fatherhood which was shown on Good Morning America this morning, Apparently he says “George is a bit of a rascal". If you would like to see the video it’s HERE.

I got lots of responses about my horseradish complaint yesterday. I now have to go hunting around for horseradish root.Horseradish root Doesn’t look much does it, but I have been advised to handle it with gloves and to take care when I chop it or grate it as it can cause one’s eyes to water for a long time. I want my eyes to water, but only when I use it with beef. I checked online and it can be frozen for short periods both grated and steeped in vinegar or in its raw state.

As a break from the intense books I have been reading, I decided on something lighter for a while. I am reading Wicked By Any Other Name byWicked by Any Other Name Linda Wisdom. It’s a light frolic about witches, wizards and other magickal creatures. Got a love interest in it too. I am enjoying it so far. It is about a couple of witches who live in a small town which was once a mining village and have done their part to ensure that no developers take over the town. Now one of them, Anastasia, is being sued by a human for ruining her love life. The townspeople are aware the pair are witches of course. The plaintiff has hired a wizard lawyer, yes a wizard, Trev, who’s a lawyer, to prosecute her complaint and guess who both have hearts spinning above their heads? In non human law, defendant and opposing lawyer can have dinner together.

I like grilled peppers and so when I saw this salad in WebMD I thought, this is for me.

Grilled Pepper Salad

WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com

Toss a colourful mix of grilled bell peppers with briny olives, sweet sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette for a lovely side dish. grilled_pepper_saladOr spread crostini with goat cheese and top it with this salad for an easy summer appetizer.

Ingredients
4  bell peppers, (mixed colors), halved, seeded and stemmed
1/4 cup halved and pitted oil-cured black olives
1/4 cup rinsed and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions
  1. Grill peppers on medium-high, turning once, until soft and charred in spots, about 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, chop the peppers; toss with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

8 comments:

  1. Bet that guy was surprised to find that in his safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's the horseradish! Ooooh, I've learned something new today. Thank you, Jo. The salad looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If its fresh, it will burn your tongue off Al, it's so pungent it'll bring tears to your eyes if you sniff it or put to much on your beef.

      Delete
  3. My husband would like that salad, but my stomach couldn't handle so many peppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No? Wouldn't be any problem to me. Never thought about it before, is your husband a vegan too?

      Delete
  4. Love the pepper salad! Wicked by Any Other Name sounds like fun. Love that kind of reading - pure escapism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what Wicked was Yolanda. I enjoyed it very much, might see if I can find more books by the same author.

      Delete