Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Recipe

This sounds like it would pack a punch. We have the sherry and brandy, not the other ingredients. Pity, I would like to try it tonight.

Sherry Cocktail

Food & Wine
Contributed by Junior Merino
Makes 1 drink
    Mexican-born mixologist Junior Merino balances flavours like a chef, creating classically inspired, invariably pretty drinks, such as this sherry-cocktailsherry-spiked riff on a brandy sour.
    1. Ice
    2. 1 ounce palo cortado or amontillado sherry
    3. 1 ounce brandy, preferably Spanish
    4. 1/2 ounce grenadine, preferably homemade
    5. 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
    6. 1/4 ounce Cherry Heering or other cherry liqueur
    7. 1 orange twist, flamed
    8. 1 brandied cherry
    1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the sherry, brandy, grenadine, lemon juice and Cherry Heering and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish the drink with the flamed twist and the cherry.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jo

    12 comments:

    1. I love a cocktail, but this one would be too sweet for my hypoglycemia, I'm afraid. One of the reasons I enjoy an extra dry martini so much...hankering for one right now. Hankering just to get out of the house...but trying to deal with it. Have a great weekend, Jo.
      Tina @ Life is Good
      A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I mostly don't drink cocktails but I do enjoy a Rob Roy (Manhattan made with Scotch) now and again. Is hypoglycemia an illness on its own? I thought it was a side affect of diabetes. I normally drink scotch and water, unless its a really good scotch like Glenmorangie when I don't pollute it with anything.

        Hope you can get out of the house soon. Have as good a weekend as you can.

        Delete
    2. Lots of my favorite flavors. Looking forward to trying this one.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Nope, too rich for my taste. I'm strictly a wine person (red or white), or perhaps a rum and coke if a longer drink is required!

      Hope you're having a good weekend, with or without the cocktails!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I never drink Coke or any other soda, pop, cola, whatever. Not since I was very young. As I said above, it's usually scotch and a splash of water for me. I do drink wine too but usually with a meal. Champagne on the other hand is my morning drink of choice although limited to Sunday these days.

        Not a lot happening so I am catching up with my A to Z Challenge posts for April. I have about half of them done. 26 all told.

        Delete
      2. I steer clear of all pop (apart from the odd rum and coke) also. I do like sparkling water but that's not in the same category.

        Must confess we do get through a bottle or two of Cava when in the Canaries (Spanish Champagne alternative) and Cava Sangria with Strawberries and Mint is wonderful when whiling away a sunny afternoon, people watching by the sea. Can you tell I'm getting demob happy - we're off to Fuerteventura on Wednesday

        Delete
      3. We used to drink Spanish bubbly in Alicante when my parents lived there. It was pretty good and reasonably priced. Cava Sangria sounds pretty good too. Wish I were going somewhere too. Have a good trip

        Delete
    4. Hi Jo - it does sound good - but like you, or unlike you, I have none of the ingredients ... but I'd like to try it - then zizz for 24 hours probably! Cheers Hilary

      ReplyDelete