Friday, June 10, 2016

My Thursday.

I have absolutely nothing to write about today. We went bowling in the afternoon and I had one pretty good game then went to the liquor store on the way home. Afterwards picked up a couple of Marvel movies, Thor and the Dark World and The Winter Soldier; Captain America. Not Matt's cup of tea at all. I watched Thor and enjoyed it even though I wasn't 100% sure about the science behind it. Nor was I quite sure how the ending happened. May watch it again before I take it back and that, my friends, is that. Actually, I was a bit surprised to see Sir Anthony Hopkins in the movie. He does turn up in some unusual films.







This is an interesting combination of tastes.

Asparagus in Bed

1 lb Ontario asparagus, trimmed
8 eggs
1 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
8 slices prosciutto
freshly grated pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450º F (230º C). Steam or simmer asparagus just until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes; drain well. Fill large skillet with water. Add vinegar and bring to simmer over medium heat. Slip eggs, one at a time, into simmering water; cook until whites are firm and yolks are just set. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and carefully blot dry with paper towel. (Eggs may be poached several hours in advance; transfer to bowl and cover with cold water. Drain well before proceeding.) Divide butter among 4 gratin dishes. Divide asparagus among dishes; drizzle with lemon juice. Drape proscuitto over top. Arrange 2 eggs on top of each prosciutto. Season with pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or just until cheese melts. Serve immediately.

Servings: 4

Source: Asparagus Growers'Marketing Board

Have a great day
 

17 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Anthony Hopkins showing up in various films. He's certainly had an interesting career.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is a brilliant actor though Betty, don't you?

      Delete
  2. I think Anthony Hopkins is at a point in his career that he takes jobs he gets a kick out of. This is the sequel to Thor right? I haven't seen either film...yet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Birgit. Yes, it is a sequel, didn't realise it when I borrowed it. Got the other one on order from the library.

      Delete
  3. Some of them do require a lot of trust, but that's what fiction is. Wasn't my favorite movie but entertaining. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched it again and understand more of what they are doing. Still can't figure out the end part though. Happy Friday to you Yolanda.

      Delete
  4. I didn't like Thor but my husband did and watched it several times. Anthony Hopkins is one of my favourite actors. He's a bit of a living legend really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opposite here, don't think Matt would like it. I just watched it a second time. I agree with you about Anthony Hopkins Pinky.

      Delete
  5. Love your new photo header, Jo. Such pretty colours. There's always a bit of history and a bit of legend in movies like Thor. Very entertaining! Anthony Hopkins can turn up anytime but looks like he's having trouble getting those big roles we're used to seeing him in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you're the first person to notice it Denise. I enjoyed it. I like the idea of him taking roles that appeal to him.

      Delete
  6. I love Anthony Hopkins. Nice to see he's still in demand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy Thor himself, but find his movies on the whole, weaker than say Captain America or Iron Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen the others yet. But I know what you mean about the film being a bit weaker. I like Loki too. I don't know why Odin turned out to be Loki at the end.

      Delete
    2. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think Loki did his shape-shift thing. But I'm not sure if he killed Odin, first. Been awhile since I've seen it. Not totally sure,

      Delete
    3. That's it Ivy, did he kill Odin. Left us wondering I suppose.

      Delete