Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Silver, Library Book,

I have been putting off cleaning silver for a while so it looked more like we have copper displayed! However, made up my mind to it and did it Monday morning. I have discovered I can do it sitting down at the sink so that saved me a lot of back discomfort. Now it is all nice and sparkly clean again. Now if I had a butler...... I could, of course, put it all away but I do like to see it when it is all clean and lovely.

Ended up getting bogged down in a library book, the last of the Fitz and the Fool books by Robin Hobb, Assassin's Fate. It is a huge book and not the easiest read I have ever tried. I am enjoying it, but like I say, it's a huge book 847 pages and not large type or anything so a lot of reading. I have two more library books to read although I think I have plenty of time. I have read every one of the books in this series - there are a heck of a lot of them in different trilogies. Basically a lot of dragons too.

This looked like another nice summer dessert recipe. It tells you how to make the cookie crumb pie crust, but I would be inclined to buy a ready made one for ease.

Nutella Chocolate and Caramel Ice Cream Pie

1-1/2 cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/3 cup of butter
1 Tbs sugar
4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
1/3 cup Nutella, softened
2-3 Tbsp caramel sauce ( I use store bought)
½ cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9-inch pie shell and set aside.

2. Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until blended and moist. Press into bottom and up sides of pie shell. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and place baked shell in freezer to chill.

3. Add 2 cups softened vanilla ice cream to chilled pie shell and smooth out top. Sprinkle caramel sauce over ice cream. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.

4. Stir softened Nutella into 2 cups of remaining softened vanilla ice cream (I usually place the Nutella in the microwave and cook on high for 20-30 seconds. Not until it's fully liquid, just smooth enough to stir easily). Spread over chilled pie, and smooth surface. Drizzle with melted chocolate and return to the freezer to fully set for 6 hours.

Tips
when ready to serve, bring the pie out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes in order to slice easily

Author: Lor
Source: Eatineatout.ca

Have a great day
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - well done on getting the silver cleaned ... the little I have is wrapped up and put away ... I know lots of people love Nutella - it's never been a favourite of mine - now caramel is another story! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame Hilary although I sympathise with you putting it away, but I do enjoy it's sparkle.

      I enjoy Nutella, I recently discovered I enjoy it on a toasted crumpet, no butter just straight Nutella, delicious.

      Delete
  2. I made another no-bake dessert last night - nutella, peanut butter, cool whip - we'll see how it turns out tonight. Our weather finally broke from the withering heat and high humidity and I now have tons more a=energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coincidence Denise. Sounds pretty good. We haven't had that kind of weather here, not that I want it you understand.

      Delete
  3. Polishing silver is hard work! I used to go to my chambermaid job super early one day a week with one of the other housekeepers and polish the silver wine buckets at the big hotel/restaurant in town, the Dan'l Webster Inn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as bad as it used to be JoJo, thanks to Silver Foam. Not only is it pretty easy to use, but it helps to prevent the silver from tarnishing to quickly.

      Delete